Sunday, February 8, 2009

Answered Prayers....

Now, that I don't feel like I have been swallowing razor blades wrapped in sandpaper I would like to tell you about my adventures from last Saturday. I have been wanting to share, but since I had to save my energy to work four days this last week, I kept my story to my tired self.
Anyhow, I went snowmobiling with a group of friendly folks on Saturday, which was a beautiful day. We went north of where I live and put on probably 80 or so miles. We had a good ride. Once arriving home and going up the drive way my dog, Dory came to great me like always. She jumped on and I continued up the driveway. We went up the little snow bank to go down the hill and the sled got stuck. I did not want to give the sled to much gas, cause I didn't want Dory to go sailing off the sled. After a few tries I got the sled to go down the hill and parked it for the evening. I turned it off immediately and was taking my helmet off and was saying to Mack that it was a windy evening. Right as I was saying this we heard a "whoosh" sound and we looked over and saw that a tree had blown down. It went down in the same spot that the dog and I had been stuck on. Friends that was within minutes, in fact seconds. I'm very blessed not to have it land on me. I feel that my morning pray saved me. Yes, prayers do come true. I can attest to that.

Not a ginormous tree, by any means, but big enough to make a persons head spin.

This is where I was stuck on my sled. So, I guess this could have been the part to get me. I'm really glad it didn't. I feel blessed. Mack, was also amazed. However, he was more amazed that I even made it home. The reason I got hung up on the hill is because the skid frame had lost most of the bolts and the two that were still in were only hanging on by a thread. So, I was blessed twice in one day. Can I get an "Amen"?

I love happy stories. Specially, when they pertain to myself. Sorry, I don't mean to brag. I just think its nice to experience both the good and the bad....well, ok mostly the good. *wink*

I hope you had a great weekend. Sounds like we may be in line for some winter weather. I guess I best get my sled fixed just in case we get some fresh powder.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow Jod - glad you pulled away in time! Hope you had fun that night also, sorry I missed out...