Sunday, September 20, 2009

Fun in the forest...


What another beautiful weekend we had in northern Minnesota. Sure has been a treat!

This weekend my nephew, Riley was over. So, we thought we would travel over to the White Earth State Forest. Not a far travel, by any means. I live only 2 miles max from my door step. Can't beat that.

White Earth State Forest is over 160,000 acres. Glaciers created the rolling hills, potholes and lakes. Much of the forest is maple, basswood, red oak, aspen, red and white pine and white spruce. So, you can just image how good it smelled going through the trails. I was surprised by the number of leaves that have started changing colors and or fallen to the ground.

Here are the guys taking a break, before we mozy on down the trail. Of course I'm not in the picture cause I'm taking it, but even my dog Dory came along to enjoy the awesome fall weather. She spends most of her time off scouting in the woods.

We had a great day and it even got better when I got home and learned the Vikings won their second game in a row. Way to go Vikes!

Thanks for stopping by and I hope you had a great weekend.

No comments: