Wednesday, March 11, 2009

On Monday night my friend Laurie had her first SU workshop. It went great! However, the weather did not cooperate and so four friends were not able to make it. However, she still had a great turn out with seven of us. It was fun! Her workshop was a 5-10-15 class. I had never heard of this. So, for five dollars you could make 5 cards, each taking 10 minutes to make....or get the cards free if you placed a $15 order. What a great concept. Seeings how I like to talk and the people that I sat with like to talk, it did take us a bit longer. Oh, darn! =) Actually all of us would have loved to stay longer, but with the wind howling and the snow coming down, we thought it was a good idea to get home. So, we did not get one project done.

I liked all the cards I made, buy my favorite card of the night was this little guy. We used the Good Egg stamp set. We colored the chick using the blender pen in the So Saffron chalk. Then used the two-way glue pen to add dazzling diamonds glitter to the eggshell. I think he turned out eggsellent cute!

I love Bella Rose paper, so of course I love this card. It was fun bending up the petals from the "Flower, Daisies #2" die. We used a Scor-Pal to add the lines in the leaves. LS had the stuff all cut out for us, what a treat.

This card is so nice and clean looking. Looks simple, but let me tell you I had the hardest time getting the roller to go on evenly. I'm in love with all the trees in the SU catalog. I want all the sets, this one included. This last card is really neat, too. I told you I really liked all the cards. There is something about blue (Bashful Blue) and brown (Chocolate Chip) that just makes me fall in love. The stamp set is called "Illuminations" and I would never have given it a second look in the catty, but using this set changed my mine. Funny how going to workshops will do that for a person. I also like how the layering of card stock provides color and interest.

Well I had a great time and look forward to the next gathering. Oh and you should go to Laurie's blog and write down her recipe for the most amazing dessert she served. It was heavenly. I love making Triffles and eating them more, so I will be enjoying this one often. Have a great day everyone.

1 comment:

laurie said...

I'm glad you liked my first workshop. I can't wait till our stuff gets here. Thanks for coming!