Sunday, March 15, 2009

What a Beautiful Spring Weekend...

I just love when the weather starts to warm-up and the snow melts away. I however, do not like the mess it does make. Sometimes we have to deal with pain to gain. I have started taking my dog for walks again. I am trying to get in a few laps down the driveway here and there. It is so much easier now to walk in the evening since daylight savings time. I can't tell you how happy it makes me when the days seem so much longer. I know that a lot of people have a hard time adjusting but I LOVE the change.
Today I went out to enjoy some fresh air and it was just gorgeous, so I made a snowman. It was so much fun. I haven't made one in years. I couldn't get to my coal stash, so I just used wood chips laying around. I came into the house to retrieve his hat and scarf....and boy let me tell you I forgot how bright old Mr. Sun is. I could not see for several minutes. I hope this is a sign that Spring is here to stay.

Frosty didn't stay frosty for long, however. Within in a hour he took a tumble to the ground.

Farewell, snow friend. It sure was fun making you, but it is perfectly okay that you did not stay around. I hope you all had a good weekend. What did you do to enjoy the beautiful weather?

2 comments:

laurie said...

Cute snowman!

everchangin' clan said...

Love the snowman, we really enjoy your blog, Jod! Lv, Stac