Friday, November 13, 2009

Happy Friday the 13th...

I'm not sure what rock I have been living under, but I can tell you that I had never heard of this word before: Triskaidekaphobia. Are you familiar with it? It caught my eye when it popped up on MSN. com and so of course-curious me had to look into a little farther. This is what I found out. A fear of the number 13. Gasp! I guess I don't suffer from this, but apparently some other do. For instances did you know:

  • More than 80% of high-rises lack a 13th floor.

  • Hospitals and hotels regularly have no room number 13. (I will definitely pay attention next time I go to these places)

  • Many airports skip the 13th gate.-Airplanes have no 13th aisle.

  • Italians omit the number 13 from their national lottery.

  • On streets in Florence, Italy, the house between number 12 and 14 is addressed as 12 and a half.

  • Many cities do not have a 13th Street or a 13th Avenue.

Interesting stuff. I have to say that I'm really glad that I don't suffer from this phobia. One less thing to cross of my list. Yay!

Have a great weekend everyone!

No comments: