Tuesday, November 17, 2009

November Card Class

Last night was our November Card class at JaNells. Yvonne and JaNell put together some fabulous cards for us to make. For the first card we used Stampin' Up's new stencils. Have you seen these yet? This was the first for me. I have to admit that at first I was a bit sceptical about them and then Yvonne should us this card. I feel in love with it! We used brushed gold CS for the card and the top of the ornament. I had not used this paper before, so that was a treat for me. I like!

The second card we made was all about Dasher. We used gold ink on this card. I loved the colors on this card. I also loved the the polka-dot grosgrain ribbon. I will have to add this to my ever growing wish list.



Our last card was made using the Merry Moments paper from SU. I felt like a child again, because it reminded me of wallpaper my parents had in their bedroom. It was not the same color, but the print was similar and it had the same soft texture to it. How fun to travel down memory lane. Our second technique we learned was about embossing. We first stamped our image in VersaMark and then we stamped it in Real Red Classic Ink, we finished off by adding clear Embossing Powder and then we set it using the Heat Tool. Easy peasy lemon squeezy.


We received the cutest little gift. It was filled with candy corn. Yum! I love the stuff and of course I already ate mine. *)



Thanks Yvonne and JanNell! I loved all the projects. Job well done!

No comments: