Sunday, September 21, 2008

Tire = Walking

What a beautiful weekend we had. The leaves on the trees are starting to change and look great. With having such great weather Mack and I thought it would be a fantastic day for fishing. We loaded up the boat and the goods and off we went. We like to go to a local lake up the road about 8 miles. Not a lot of people know about it, so we usually luck out and bring enough home for dinner. A little ways down the road I heard a strange sound and told Mack that I think his tire blew on his pickup. He looked at me with a puzzled expression and stopped the truck. I got out and looked at the tire and it looked okay. We loaded back up in the truck and off we went. We got to talking and we really never gave it anymore thought. For some reason I felt that the road was rougher than usual and I happened to look in the mirror and oh, heck, we were driving on the rim of the truck. We DID blow a tire. We crawled under the truck for the spare and it was rusted really bad, so it took a while to get it down. When we did get it down we found out that it was flat. Drats! So, off we went walking. We walked almost six miles home.


Once home we got another tire and headed back to the truck. Arriving at the truck there was another truck coming out of the lake. We arrived just in time. Two old guys (86 & 88) had been fishing. So, I got to talk to them and they got to watch Mack change a tire. It was kinda scary because the pickup rolled off the jack. Good thing I had one in my car, or we would have had another mess.


So, no fishing for us. However, the old guys had a great day of fishing. The moral of this story-don't ask me if your tire is flat, because you may end up walking. LOL!

No comments: