Monday, September 1, 2008

Monday Morsel: Fruit Pizza

Every summer I like to make Fruit Pizza at least once. There is something about the sweet crust and the smooth almost velvety cream cheese layer that just gets me on bite number one. Oh, and don't even get me started about all the beautiful fresh fruit. Yum! So lets not waste anymore time. Gather your ingredients, Pronto! Summer is fading away.

Crust: (I usually double this)
1-1/2 c. Flour
1-1/2 c. Margarine, Butter
½ c. Powdered Sugar
1-2 tsp. Water

Mix crust and pat in jelly roll pan. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes. Until it is brown. Usually 8 minutes in my oven.

Cream Cheese Layer:
2-8oz. Cream Cheese
½ c. Sugar
1 tsp. Vanilla

Mix all ingredients and then spread onto cooled crust.

Fruit:
Blueberries, Strawberries, Kiwi, Raspberries, Nectarines, Pineapple (these are my favorites)

Arrange fruit on top of cream cheese mixture.

Well there you go. So easy. So good. I just want to make another one writing up this entry. If you have lots of time on your hands or some fancy people to impress, you can also make pretty designs with your fruit. However, I prefer to just pile the fresh fruit onto the top.

Thanks for looking. Happy Eating!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

And why am I not getting a piece? Looks wonderful!