Monday, August 25, 2008

Monday Morsel: Cinnamon Roll Toast

I thought I would share with you all what I had for supper tonight. Perhaps, I will try and post a tasty recipe right here every Monday. So, along time ago I stopped in Fort Collins, Colorado at a really neat restaurant. For the life of me I can't recall the name of the place. It bothers me, cause I would like to go back one day. However, it is really hard to go somewhere when you have no idea of where you are going. Drat! Their specialty was breakfast and they served the best "Cinnamon Roll Toast" I asked the waitress for the recipe and this is what she gave me:

2 slices bread (white, wheat, or my personal favorite, raisin)
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 tablespoon butter, softened
1/2 cup icing sugar, sifted
1/2 tablespoon water
few drops of vanilla extract

Mix together the cinnamon and the butter until well combined. Use this mixture to butter your slices of bread on both sides. Heat a large sized skillet over medium high heat and then add your slices of bread. Toast well on both sides. Remove from the skillet and keep warm while you make the frosting.Whisk together the icing sugar, water and vanilla to make a soft drizzly icing. Drizzle it haphazardly over the top of your warm cinnamon toast. This is for one serving. However, I would like to suggest doubling the recipe. Yes, it is just that good. So, make a batch today. You won't regret it. Oh, and by the way if you know of any good restaurants that has a specialty let me know. I'm always looking for new places to try. Enjoy and Happy Eating!

No comments: