Thursday, October 23, 2008

October Techniques Class...

On Monday night I went to a Stampin' Up! Techniques class at Demonstrator JaNell's beautiful home. We made four make-n-takes. The techniques covered were: Die cut masking and Faux diamond dust. We also got to use the new Big Shot. It was a lot of fun. JaNell and her mom Yvonne are awesome, not to mention very creative. You ladies rock! However, I have to admit even though the cards are always wonderful-its the chocolate with the clever packaging that keeps me coming back. LOL This month they gave each of us a owl treat bag made with the top note die. Isn't he a HOOT?



All four cards were fun to make. The card with the scallop was embossed with Iridescent Ice Embossing Powder. This technique/card was probably the most fun for me, just because it contained shine. It sparkles just like if you use glitter, but with less mess. On the card with the Upsa Daisy stamp, we used the rubber left over after you punch out the image. What a perfect way to add color in a controlled manner. The card that is I think More Mustard(?) was stamped with Seasons of Friendship set. The last card is a gift card holder. What a neat idea. I would love to make some of these and hang on my Christmas tree this season.





I had a wonderful evening playing with paper and learning new techniques. Thanks ladies! Thanks LS for driving and making wonderful treats for all of us to enjoy. It was all delish!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well, aren't you the crafty one?! Your cards are fantabulous, you rock Jody!